We have compiled frequently asked questions on this page.
For other questions and more information, please contact us.
- What benefits can you guarantee?
- What are your rates?
- What is the quality of people you employ?
- For all that you claim, isn't the rate too low?
- What are your payment models?
- What are your payment terms?
- How do you assure confidentiality?
- Can you guarantee time-bound results?
- We are worried about quality; how do you assure solid projects?
- Why should we trust you?
- What contracts and agreements do you sign?
- Are you member of any industry bodies?
- Can you come on-site?
- What control do we have over the project?
- How do we keep ourselves informed about progress?
- We like the idea, but are unsure. Can we do a Pilot Project?
What benefits can you guarantee?
What are your rates?
All projects we take up carry the following guarantees:
Confidentiality guarantee: All client details will be kept confidential
Price guarantee: Minimum 60% cost-saving over on-site development
Results guarantee: Progress-linked payments weighted toward the end
What is the quality of people you employ?
Rates vary, depending on skills, timelines, project nature etc.
Typically, a Senior Developer would work at the rate of $3000/month (isn't it too low?).
The quality of a software development company is ultimately the quality of its people. Our people are very strong for software projects:
- Are English-speaking Graduate/Post-Graduate Engineers
- Have multiple years of industry experience, or are outstanding new engineers
- All people have experience on off-shore projects with US/European clients
- Most people are from premier engineering institutes or have proven exceptional abilities
- Are industry-certified (Microsoft, Oracle etc)
- Mindfire's selection process is rigorous and includes 4+ hours of online tests, actual programming, 4+ hours of interviewing and reference checking!
- About 2,000 candidates apply to us every month. We pick the top few among them.
What are your payment models?
Low or high are meaningful only in context. The rate is low not because of technical limitation, but simply because we operate from India, where living costs are lower due to international economies and exchange rates. It is our strategy to pass on these location advantages to our clients.
What are your payment terms?
We work only with long-term committed clients who want Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) services, and offer a monthly rate.
How do you assure confidentiality?
We invoice on monthly basis and payment is due on invoicing.
- We sign NDAs and Confidentiality Agreements as required by you.
- All our employees are full-time employees, and are bound by the company Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure clauses.
- You may require assigned Mindfire team members to sign your Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements; indeed we encourage the same.
- Additionally, for sensitive projects, we create isolated cells disconnected from any public network.
- At a practical level, all CD-Writers need authorization for usage. Internet uploads larger than a threshold also need authorization.
We are worried about quality; how do you assure solid projects?
No. We work on time-based billing for reasons that benefit our clients, and guaranteeing fixed-time results means compromising on that clarity and delivering sub-optimal results to clients. The team may be able to give you an idea, but that is not a business guarantee.
Why should we trust you?
Our developers are dedicated to producing quality code. We have formal processes to keep quality under tight control, including periodic code reviews and design walk-throughs. We concentrate on being first-time right, and believe the creation-step itself should be strong.
Every project goes through the hands of suitable QA/testing professionals, under stringent test-plans including black-box testing, white-box testing, test regression, usage analysis etc.
We believe trust and confidence are the foundation for any successful relationship, and develop only after association over time. The following facts may help demonstrate our commitment to our business:
- We have completed projects for 500+ US/European clients
- We have been 17+ years in business, dedicated to the off-shore execution model
- We are here for the long run; our CEO has global experience with leading technology companies and has started up with a long-term vision
- The team consists of people from global companies like Microsoft, Adobe, Quark, AIG, AT&T, Coca-cola, IBM, Primus etc.
- Our list of references/ testimonials
Are you member of any industry bodies?
We sign NDAs before initial discussions, and final contracts are drawn out in detail.
We are normally bound by the legal framework of our client's country, and are a registered organization in India.
Can you come on-site?
Mindfire Solutions is member of NASSCOM (National Association of Software Companies), India's national body of software companies, and New Delhi-based STPI (Software Technology Parks of India). We are Microsoft "Gold" Certified Partners, Apple Developer Connection Premier Partners, Adobe Solutions Network Premium Partners and so on.
What control do we have over the project?
Yes we do, where required. This may be especially useful in initial requirements gathering, final implementation or other pain points. In such cases, our consultants will work on-site at pre-decided rates.
How do we keep ourselves informed about progress?
You will have ability to keep close control over the project. Our assigned Project Manager will be your single point-of-contact for all issue resolution, and will work closely with your guidelines.
Mindfire's TeamTouch solution has been specifically developed to provide you complete control over your project. TeamTouch offers unparalleled transparency and control. Please click here to learn more about TeamTouch.
We like the idea, but are unsure. Can we do a Pilot Period?
We will send you regular project status reports. We use a combination of pre-determined update schedules (normally email) and ad-hoc meetings (usually tele-conferences, or live chat).
Mindfire has developed a unique system and method for information-sharing, known as 2MV (for "2 minute videos"). We would be glad to demo the system to you - it has floored many a client!
With TeamTouch, you can keep live track of project plan, milestones, code status, bug status, timesheets status and a host of other software development metrics. Please click here to learn more about TeamTouch.
Mindfire welcomes you to try our services. You may choose to have us do a "risk-free" Pilot Period. We are confident enough to offer a pilot period because we have always succeeded in continuing the relationship after demonstration of ability in a pilot period.
Our preferred Pilot Period is spent on either the first sub-system of a larger project, or an independent project that completes within itself. Pilot Periods are typically for one month.
We invest the same time and energy in Pilot Projects as real projects. You would find the pilot of sufficient quality to continue on the same code. In this sense, Pilots are very different from prototypes.
Why Choose Us
Wide Portfolio of Services
Domain Intensive Value Proposition
Technological Excellence across platforms
Avail competitive pricing (Reduce 70% cost, ensure 100% quality)
Get 4 weeks complimentary Risk-Free Trial*
We Build Innovative Applications: Browse through our Intellectual Property