Its high time to bridge a gap between theoretical knowledge and real world implementation.
If you are new to testing domain and just trying googling out the real meaning and approach of testing below are few points which I feel will be handy for a beginner.
– Prepare test cases or a checklist for the project you are assigned in. Include all the test scenarios you can think of. Yes you are thinking right!
P.S. All the positive and negative scenarios. 🙂
For beginners – Test a simple ’email log in’ page!
What all scenarios you guys can think of!Yes you are going on right track.. whatever weired comes to your mind..Just do not stop playing around.
P.S. Let the application crash!!! 🙂
– Start performing tests , find and report bugs but hang on always remember there’s no end to bugs i.e. you can never say ‘This application is bug free’!!
P.S. Cant help it! 🙁
– Step into Customer’s shoes ; feel like a lay man and you will be amazed to see the number of bugs you come across.
P.S. Do not end up stepping on toes! 🙁
– Be Creative in your approach ; while writing test cases or preparing a check list. Do not assume.
P.S. Assumptions is the mother of all mistakes! 😉
– Start Suggesting ; Dig into the details and get to know the product’s functionality and general behaviour. This will enable you to add value and suggest new features and enhancements to your product.
P.S. A smart move it is! 😉
Last but not the least..
– Follow Processes ; Stick to the organisation standards and guidelines and process of QA testing.
P.S. Follow the process and find as many bugs you can..after all we are a part of software QA testing team !! 🙂
Happy Testing!!! 😀
Author – Anisha Nayak