Technology is evolving, and keeping up with the latest trends in programming languages and computer coding provides a competitive advantage to institutions. Coding skills form a core part of the successful functioning of banks, automobiles, hospitals, and every aspect of our tech requirements. However, choosing the correct programming language in IT, data analytics, application migration, research, web designing, and engineering segments is vital.
Software development involves continual learning about programming tactics and new languages. The accelerated demand for ‘online’ has fueled the need for programming languages. It becomes vital to optimize software development capabilities to be at par with the latest trends to help better efficiency, customization, and customization and its smart implementation.
What drives the success of programming languages can be determined by their implementation in the corporate and academic segments. Today, in academics, advanced-level programming holds a dominant share. Businesses can take advantage of the latest technology for their in-house training and initiate activities for employees both online and offline.
Gaining insights on the latest market trends, Python is a dynamic, free open source, and interpreted programming language that most software developers favorably consider. It supports object-oriented programming as well as procedural-oriented programming.
Python has bagged second place as the most common programming language in 2019. It has also secured third place in 2021, as per a report published by Statista. Also, Github and Google Trends reported Python as one of the most popular programming languages in the world in 2020.
On the other hand, .Net is a free and open-source, managed computer software framework for Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems developed by Microsoft in the 90s. In 2020, The One Technologies reported .Net as one of the top frameworks for web development.
Let’s identify a much-developed technology that can enhance an enterprise’ capabilities.
.Net is a free-of-cost open-source platform and helps to develop: applications, websites, games, and IoT (Internet of Things). It is a cross-platform software framework that helps to create websites on Windows, Linux, and macOS. Similarly, Xamarin/Mono is a type of .Net implementation which is in use only for running apps.
.Net also has a built-in automated monitoring system named ASP.Net. The ASP.Net constantly monitors web pages and caters to issues such as memory leaks or infinite loops. The developers are notified immediately, which ensures stability in all .Net applications.
Python is an object-oriented programming language recognized for its simplicity and readability of syntax. Global industries use this programming language to automate their tasks and analyze data. They also use it for other purposes like website building, machine learning, and software testing. Today, Python is among the most versatile programming languages used.
Apart from programming or data sciences, Python can also also perform various tasks such as keeping track of stock prices and managing inventory.
Application migration from .Net to Python
The latest trends in the market today show that industries are vastly adopting Python for their tasks. This has become possible with application migration from existing languages to Python. Let’s learn its importance with its key components in comparison with .Net.
● .Net is a framework that supports multiple programming languages (C# (C-sharp), F# (F-sharp), and Visual Basic) for web development. On the other hand, Python is an enhanced programming language that has also developed several frameworks for web development like Django and Flask.
● To use C#, one needs to have complete knowledge of Java. In contrast, Python doesn’t have many prerequisites. Another highlighted feature of Python is that it was built on the Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY) principle. It means writing quality code needs minimum effort.
● Syntax of Python is also much more straightforward than C#. In Python, one does not have to end every line with a semicolon. It’s very easy to read and has lots of whitespaces. If a program takes ten lines of code in C#, the same program in Python will take around 4 or 5 lines of code.
● With the help of Python, the work and duration of the project reduces to almost half.
Now let us compare Python frameworks Django and Flask with the .Net framework.
● Python has excellent compatibility with machine learning. .Net Framework offers ML.Net and libraries like Accord.NET to develop ML models. However, these models have limited applications as comapared to Python. It is one of the significant reasons why application migration to Python has become prevalent.
● All the .Net implementations have been given one standard API called .Net Standard. Along with this also a massive collection of libraries is built on .Net Standard. All of the libraries, runtime, and compiler of .Net are present on Github for free.
● The massive libraries of Python are available in source and binary form. It is also freely available for all platforms. By using Python, one of the added benefits is its large community. Unlike the .Net community, the Python community is very active and consistently adds new functionalities to its already vast collection of libraries. It means the developers can do more work on Python by doing less.
● Also, as compared to .Net Framework, Django has a much better ORM. At times, enterprises prefer Flask framework over .Net because of its lightweight and minimal nature.
Like other businesses, if you too are looking for application migration, Mindfire Solutions can be your partner of choice. We have deep expertise in .Net to Python migration. With a team of highly skilled and certified software professionals, that have developed many custom solutions for our global clients over the years.