Mindfire provides focused expertise in support and maintenance of software..
Support and maintenance typically eats at efficiency of primary development teams and executive management, swinging focus away from new initiatives to maintenance of older ones.
Out-sourcing support and maintenance to an off-shore provider reduces costs and allows the mainline team to focus on strategic direction.
Various facets of software maintenance we undertake include:
- Code maintenance
- Bug fixing
- Site-specific requests
- Version, patch and release management
- Product asset management
- Software upgrade
- Code optimization
- Interfacing requirements to play well with others
Maintenance contracts usually are for a minimum of 6 months, and undergo a process suited to maintenance projects.
The maintenance process includes the following stages:
- SLA terms agreement
- Asset transfer
- Knowledge transfer
- Architecture reconstruction
- Environment replication
- Readiness (including internal pilot)
- Process propagation
- Work execution
- Verification and validation
- Review and continuous improvement