Social Networking - A video sharing community website
The client firm had a couple of social networking – video sharing community websites that were hosted using a freely available open source codebase that the client had acquired on the web and wanted to enhance. Contracting work to another firm and that too, another country was a double-challenge for the client firm. Mindfire's immense experience in video streaming and community/social application development, helped establish the initial trust. This was well supported by the different business engagement models Mindfire proposed to the client firm. Two dedicated resources were assigned for the first two months and this later became a long and healthy relationship resulting in a full scale virtual team setup on the video sharing community application development. Mindfire delivered a full scale, extensible team setup, with experienced resources involved in multiple technologies for both client and server side application design and development.
About our Client
Client Software Development Company | Location Utah, USA | Industry Internet, Software & Services
The client firm was facing security issues with the open source code base that they had used on their websites and had never tried outsourced/contracted development. Mindfire offered its services and gained the clients confidence by showing expertise in the related domain and technical areas. Initial discussions were held on establishing point of contact, communication and collaboration methods. Further, Mindfire’s prior experience and success commitments/guarantee with integrated change management for risk aversion helped the client arrive at a phase wise development plan. A plan was made to:
- Interview and assess the proposed resources, project manager, lead software engineers and others.
- Assign a technical point of contact on the client's end for project related queries and requirements.
- Establish an engineer as a primary point of contact for the client firm.
- Assign preliminary work to the engineer allowing him time to understand the system and
- Assess progress and appropriately time the extension of the team from 2 to 8 resources, also extending the responsibility of the lead software engineer to a project manager for the client firm on Mindfire's end.
Technologies & Servers used
Why Choose Us
Wide Portfolio of Services
Domain Intensive Value Proposition
Technological Excellence across platforms
Avail competitive pricing (Reduce 70% cost, ensure 100% quality)
Get 4 weeks complimentary Risk-Free Trial*
We Build Innovative Applications: Browse through our Intellectual Property