Mac OS 9 / Classic Mac Development
The Mac OS platform has been one of Mindfire Solutions' unique strengths. Since its founding, in 1999, Mindfire Solutions has offered Mac development services with unique competence over 10 years. At Mindfire Solutions, we have provided Mac OS Development Services since Day 1; we have developed applications for all Apple OS versions (workstations or servers) and development tools since Mac OS 8.6, including the latest i.e., Snow Leopard. We have expertise on a wide range of technologies and industry-standard tools. We cover almost everything from System-level to User-Interface Applications.
Mac OS Classic Migration/Porting Services
- Classic Mac OS to OS X (Carbon/Cocoa) Application Porting
- Classic Mac OS to Windows Porting
- CodeWarrior to Xcode Porting
- PowerPlant/Carbon to Cocoa Porting
Mac OS 9/Classic Mac Development Experience
Mindfire Solutions' early development work on Mac OS started from 8.6 and 9.0 (released in Oct 1999). Though Mac OS 9 was launched as the best internet OS ever, it lacked modern OS functionality, such as protected memory and a real/complete pre-emptive multitasking environment/capability. These made programming more challenging, since Mindfire Solutions' core team got deeply involved in complex client-server, multi-tier, multithreaded application development (products) for its select clients – being one of the few companies doing Classic Mac/Mac OS 9 development in India.
We have done many projects on Mac OS 9/Classic. To discuss how we can help you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-248-686-1424.
Mac OS 9/ Classic Mac Technologies
Our previous works on various projects in Macintosh Development show our expertise in this field.
- Open Transport (OT), AppleTalk, QuickTime
- CodeWarrior, Project Builder, MPW (Macintosh Programmer's Workshop)
- AppleScript, MacApp, PowerPlant, Carbon, Mac Toolbox API
Mac OS 9/Classic Mac Projects and Systems
We at Mindfire Solutions have worked in Mac OS 9/Mac Classic technologies and Mac Software Development in the following areas.
- Development of a Web Proxy Server product for both Mac OS9 and OSX, which was the only software of its kind, including features like filtering, caching, blocking pop-ups and content and worked on all browsers on Mac (Safari, Mozilla or other). This particular project involved Open Transport, Carbon programming, C++, CodeWarrior 8.x and Valentina Database System.
- Development of a high-performance Document Translator product translating proprietary rich (embedded) XML content question banks/test papers to a popular proprietary document/layout format – this particular project included conversions of tables, styles, pictures, and powerful math equations, and involved Carbon programming, batch-processing, third-party libraries for image conversions, SAX based parser, and MathML-ASCII conversions.
- Migration of EcoBeaker, a leading ecology/evolution simulation software from Mac OS Classic to Windows. The software was running on Mac OS 8.x and had complex processing and graphics. We ported it in 3 months tight deadline. Migration involved dealing with three changes at the same time: Platform migration from Mac to Windows, Compiler migration from CodeWarrior to VC++, and class library migration from PowerPlant to MFC.
Mac OS 9/Classic Mac and Industries
Mindfire Solutions has experience in developing Mac OS X/Classic Mac applications for its clients in the following industries:
Mindfire Solutions published a few comprehensive whitepapers related to Mac OS memory management and issues in porting to/from Windows/Mac OS environment during the days of Classic Mac Software development:
- Publishing Software Solutions
- Education or E-Learning or Training Software Solutions
- Games and Entertainment Software
- Graphics/Imaging/Media Technology Solutions
- Mathematical/Biological Science Software Solutions
- 10+ years of development experience on Macintosh Development
- Experience on development for Mac OS systems since 8.6 – 8.6, 9.x, 10.x
- Experience on CodeWarrior 7, 8, 9 and 10 Mac Development IDEs
- Experience on MPW, Project Builder, and Xcode
To discuss how we can help you, please contact us on email@example.com
or call at 1-248-686-1424.